Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Home...

Backstory: Dustin and I had a beautiful baby girl on June 4th. She was early, like almost 8 weeks early and quite small (like the size of a baby at 26 weeks gestation). Her smallness was due to Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR). If IUGR were a person, I would easily murder it and cut it up into tiny pieces and go to prison forever and never feel guilty about it. That is how much I hate IUGR. Having a preterm baby is complicated and traumatic enough. Having a beautiful preterm baby with a brilliant baby brain (that is normally developing and on track with her actual gestational age) trapped in a tiny body is frustrating. Watching my beautiful baby fight for every ounce she's gained and hearing person after person comment on how incredibly tiny she is is annoying. Knowing that my baby is essentially healthy (NICU terms healthy, meaning isn't on oxygen, stable vital signs, regulating temp, etc) but 'just needs to get fat' and then is not getting fat and is gaining weight at what feels like a glacial pace is mind numbingly difficult.

So that is currently where we are at right now. We are in the mind-numbingly difficult land where you get to wait and wait and wait and wait for your baby to come home. So, why not start a blog while I wait?







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I know you must feel like your repeating yourself so much. I love hearing your voice through this blog and my heart is wringing out love for Adah, you and Dustin.

    ReplyDelete